Welcome to Newhaven, Lewes & District Mencap
We have been supporting local people with learning disabilities since 1975. Support is provided for over 100 members and their families and volunteers. Our aim is to improve the quality of life of people with learning disabilities. The name MENCAP is well established, but it is a little known fact that locally we have to be funded entirely from our own local fund raising activities. Kind donations are made by generous residents of the Newhaven, Peacehaven Seaford and Lewes. Also much effort is also put in by our volunteers who give their time to help the members, and to help organise events to raise much needed funds for them.
Here are some of the activities we are involved in.
– Providing Social Activities for people of any age with a Learning Disability.
– Supplying Information to Help People who have a Learning Difficulty, and their Families and Carers.
– Organising and running events to raise funds for Projects that Help our Community.
– Every Friday Night is Club Night for our members
– Our Hall can be Hired by Local Groups, Businesses and Organisations. This helps to raise much needed funds to keep these facilities going for our members.